Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fabric, Fabric Everywhere!

Oh fabric how I love thee...I must have been a tailor in another life.  Nothing pleases me more than seeing traditional wedding items woven (pun intended) together with fabric details, or any textile for that matter. There are some very cool ways to stitch your style (ok promise that is my last one) with fabric and textiles and the examples below are my short list of favorites. 

#1 Hanging Decor: I think it is pretty safe to say, I love anything that can hang from the rafters and make a statement.  From fabric and Mylar fringe, delicate fabric pennants and banners and pretty fringey garlands, I am easily pleased by their soft colors and the right amount of sweetness they can bring to an otherwise blank canvas.  Kinda girly, super festive, and completely customizable, this is my favorite way to use fabric.
 
(via Ruffled Blog)
(Via Etsy)
(Via Oh Happy Day)

 #2 Invitations: Imagine your guests opening your save the date or wedding invitation, and saying "my this is a lovely keepsake, I have never seen this before!" You are sure to get that reaction with a fabric invitation or save the date that has been hand stitched or printed on linen.
(Via Etsy)

(Via Etsy)

#3 Bouquets/Flower Arrangement: Perhaps a more literal interpretation of using cotton in the bride's bouquet.  I adore the way these fluffy, cottony balls create shape and texture.  And the couple will certainly have this bouquet as long as they both shall live!
(Via DuckDuck Collective)

#4 On the Dessert Table:  A little bit weird and a little bit wild, these little treats are great keepsakes for guests.  Knitted fabric in fun colors gives the dessert table an exciting pop and are a simple DIY project for the craft inclined.  I just love the adorable and realistic details.

(Via Not On the High Street)

1 comment:

  1. I am a huge tassel/fringe fan too! There's just something so magical about them. I recently made some for my sister's 13th birthday party. I fell instantly in love! So happy to have found your blog. (I'm in Atlanta too, fun stuff!)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive