Monday, November 21, 2011

Vendor Alert! Elisa Solomon Jewelry

Whew... just got back from a whirlwind trip to Chicago for a friend's wedding, and finally getting caught up with life and laundry.  The wedding was fabulous and it was great to catch up with friends from as early as high school! Of course one of the first thing I did after she and her husband said their "I-do's" is ask to see their wedding rings.  I always find it super sweet to see grooms fiddle with their rings as they get used to wearing a new piece of jewelry.  I love the uniqueness you can bring to wedding bands, whether through inscription, a variety of stones or an unusual metal.  One way to make your wedding band stand out is hand crafted design by independent jewelry designers.  Elisa Solomon Jewelry just happens to be one of the designers who makes me drool.  Her delicate, sweet bands and gorgeous engagement rings add just a little something different on your special day.  Now featured at boutiques across the country and in Europe, I had the chance to catch up with Elisa, and ask her about some of her beautiful pieces.


When did you start designing?
I started designing my collection as a senior at the University of Michigan.  Steven Alan sold my line at his Tribeca boutique.




What inspires your designs?
The 60s were my main inspiration when I started the collection.  I connected with the decade's value of love and kindness.  Now, I often find myself inspired by things that make me happy and things that I find beautiful in my day to day life.





Who is your target audience?
I strive to have a something for everyone, including men!  We began making men's bands and cufflinks about two years ago.
Where do you find your materials?
I often use unique cuts and raw stones in my designs and have great suppliers helping me find these special gems.

Can brides work with you to create a design for their wedding bands? What about grooms for engagement rings?
I've created several custom bands and engagement rings with brides and grooms.  It's fun helping them pick a metal, stones, and overall look. It is a huge honor to be involved in their special day.



Do you have any pieces that you think would make good bridesmaid gifts?
My flower child stud earrings are a fabulous bridesmaid gift.  I make them in pink, yellow, white gold or silver and they are also available with diamonds or multicolor stones!


Thanks to Elisa for sharing her gorgeous pictures with us.  For more on her wedding collection, check out elisasolomon.com/shop_weddings, or check out her press pictures of famous celebs sporting her goods!

(All pictures courtesy of Miss Elisa Solomon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive